Wildcat Thunder

YOU are Why I Teach pt2

img_0287

Kim,  As teachers, we hear a lot about how we inspire our students. What isn’t always acknowledged is how our students inspire us. I wanted to let you know that I admire you. You make me feel happy to come to work and see your bright, smiling face. I could never have a bad day with you as my student. You are a role model to your classmates and encourage others to stay on task and feel better about themselves on a daily basis. Thank you for always brightening my day and for being so wonderful. You give me strength and hope. 

img_0282

Rafael, A couple of teachers put together this opportunity where I could choose one student that makes me want to some to school everyday. Well, I chose you. I’m sure no one would be surprised to know that you were my most challenging student last year. But everyday you came in with a smile and were eager to be in my class. You have an amazing sense of humor that always made me laugh even when I shouldn’t have.

Your constant energy forced me to come up with new ways of teaching and working with students. And you never quit on me, no matter how frustrated we both were. Even when I sent you out to calm down or walk off some of that energy, you would take your notes with you and continue copying from the window. You made me a better teacher. You challenged me to do better.

This year, I get to see you pass by in the hall. But you still pop in with “Hey Ms. G, so do you miss me?” I do Rafael, but I now look forward to seeing you in the hall and hearing about all the new ways you are being a “challenge”. You still bring a smile to my face everyday and I am so grateful that you were in my class. Patrick still thinks you’re pretty awesome too.

unknown-3

Girls, The most rewarding thing about teaching is knowing that you had an impact on students that transcends beyond the classroom.  You 3 girls were part of my first freshmen class at Wesley Chapel, and have made me a Wildcat Mama.  I have enjoyed our time together, helping you along the way, and watching you grow as students and individuals.  You each hold a special place in my heart, and I look forward to seeing you all in homeroom every week.  I need you to continue to keep reaching for success in your classes, and make me so very proud when I can cheer each one of you on as you walk across the stage at graduation.  Seeing you ladies makes my day a little brighter and reminds me of the reasons why I teach.  

1 Comment

One Response to “YOU are Why I Teach pt2”

1. Ethan Laney on January 22nd, 2017 9:07 pm

I’m so glad our students and teachers don’t hate each other. It isn’t like this everywhere. Students and teachers alike ought to cherish the fact that we can do this once, much less twice. 🙂

[Reply]

Wildcat Thunder intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. Wildcat Thunder does not allow anonymous comments, and Wildcat Thunder requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Wesley Chapel High School
YOU are Why I Teach pt2