Wildcat Thunder

It’s That Time of Year Again: Course Selections.

Amber Dilone, Reporter

As we come to the last few weeks of the 3rd quarter, its that time again, time to sign up for next year’s classes. Around this time, students are either stuck or unsure on what classes to take. “Which fine art should I take?” “Should I take a foreign language?” “What about an AP class?” These are just a few of the many considerations one thinks about when selecting their classes. Especially the soon-to-be seniors who have to make sure they meet graduation requirements. Guidance counselors are a great source to help you choose your academic classes that are right for you. When it comes to electives, Wesley chapel offers a large variety. The following are the most popular, with a quick description provided by Wesley Chapel’s curriculum guide

•Dance: It provide students with knowledge and skills in various dance styles through acquisition of technique, choreographic process, aesthetic awareness, and performance quality. (Dance I, II, III, IV and ballet available)

•ASL: ( American Sign Language ) It teaches teach hearing students basic conversational skills in sign language and a basic awareness of various aspects of deafness (ASL I, II, III available )

•Auto: Students should be able to demonstrate proficiency in: the equipments skills and safety regulations relating to the automotive industry, and routine maintenance and consumer services ( Auto I, II, III, V, Lady Pit crew available)

•Agriculture: This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources career cluster (Agriculture I, II, III and other branches available)

•Acting: The purpose of this course is to develop the acting skills of the student. The content should include: scene study, ensemble acting, various character studies, and historical styles of acting. (Acting I, II, III, theatre available)

•Spanish: This course introduces students to the Spanish language and its culture. The content includes beginning skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing Spanish (Spanish I II, III, IV Honors available)

•Tv Production: TV Production 2 & 3 allows students to enhance their abilities to create professional videos by implementing advanced editing techniques in our Final Cut Express editing software…Students will explore the history of film as well as key components such as camera techniques, lighting and audio equipment, and the process of video editing. (TV I, II, III, IV, V, VI available)