2017 FLORIDA STATE FAIR: Journalism Trip

Back to Article
Back to Article

Brandon Cruz, Reporter

Filled with laughter, and the mouth-watering smell of funnel cakes, fried chicken, and strawberry shortcake, the fair provided nothing but entertainment.

The 2017 Florida State Fair was presented at the Florida State Fairgrounds from February 8th until February 19th. Recently students of the journalism class took a field trip to the fairgrounds, where they learned about the process of milking a dairy cow, how much water llamas consume, and much more. Students enjoyed foods consisting of the doughnut burger [ 2 Krispy Kreme donuts as top and bottom buns, with beef bacon and cheese in the middle], funnel cake, chicken tenders, and quesadillas.

There we learned that the main Ferris wheel at the fair was transported to the fair piece by piece, and needed 13 oversized semi-trucks to transport it successfully. We also learned that rides went through numerous tedious inspections, and were definitely safe to ride. In a stable, cows, goats, and llamas laid, and were showed at an animal show, where people could purchase the animals if they were specific to their liking. The Wesley Chapel High School FFA showed their own animals at the show. Cows were corralled and walked around a dirt arena where they were viewed by potential buyers.

The food was fatty, fried, and delicious. Funnel cake, Doughnut Burgers, and giant corn dog booths lined the walkway. The fair was full of smiles. No one left unhappy.