Wildcat Thunder

How to Prep for the SAT and ACT

Bernard Orozco, Reporter

The SAT and ACT are standardized college entry exams that you take during high school to see if you’re suitable to enter college. These are very important as almost all colleges look for them when you are applying. Many people stress when they become upperclassmen and they need to take these tests because of this reason. Therefore, I provided tips as to what you need to do to be ready for these exams.

To begin with, you need to buy the books. There are many stores that have the latest editions in terms of these exams. Make sure you are studying and thoroughly reading the material as you only have a few opportunities to take these exams. Next, plan beforehand. These tests are taken on specific days in which you can choose, but once you select an appropriate date, that’s the time where you should be organizing. Set a schedule that suits you in terms of studying and follow the process constantly. WCHS student and senior Keanu Hough provided me an explanation on how he made a schedule to study for the SAT:

“Well at first it was tough, because I am always busy. I play basketball and I also have to do many community service hours. But eventually, I managed to fit some time to study for these exams. I am taking the SAT in a week and I am proud to say that I am ready to take this.”

If you want to find information on the SAT and ACT dates, I suggest you talk to you guidance counselor. In our case, it is Tim Durling, who supervises all of the college information. He would be glad to speak about you about the exams and what you need to do to prepare. If you take my advice, I am sure you will be ready!