Wildcat Thunder

Wildcat Spotlight: Giselle Guerrero – Salutatorian C/O 2017

Madison Novotny, Reporter

With a pursuance of the United States Air force, this year’s WCHS Salutatorian, Giselle Guerrero, has her sights set on the future but recognizes her past.  Giselle attributes her success in life to those who raised her, and the lessons they taught her.  “My parents have really shown me the value of education. Having both parents being minorities and one coming from a foreign country has really had a lasting impact on my work ethic. I’ve been raised to always work hard and never stop trying,” she says.  This upbringing has pushed her to take countless Advanced Placement classes, as well as becoming a full-time DE student. Giselle does more than school – she is a leader in her church’s youth group, volunteers at Vacation Bible School, feeds the hungry and has a job.  She says that the lessons learned in school do not parallel to the lessons her grandmother taught her, and those might be the most important of all. Guerrero says, “from her I learned what it was like to struggle and to come from nothing. She really taught me that to get where you want to be one must work hard and give their 100%, regardless of how hard it may seem.”

Looking forward, Giselle will join the US Air Force upon graduation.  She will be working towards getting her degree as a Cryptologic Linguist, and hopes to further her education by earning a bachelor’s degree in Intelligence Studies and Technology.

To get where you want to be one must work hard and give their 100%, regardless of how hard it may seem.”

— Guerrero