Wildcat Thunder

OJT Luncheon

“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” said Jimmy Johnson. According to Mrs. Fagan, all these kids are all extraordinary. In case you didn’t know what On The Job training is, ESE students do small yet very useful jobs around the school to help keep the facilities and school clean and functional. Some of these jobs include collecting papers and plastics around the campus. Every bag they recycle earns them $2.00 for the OJT program. At 2-3 Tons a year, the program brings in $600 annually.

The luncheon was hosted to show appreciation for the hard work that students put in. Everyone in the program is useful, and without them the school would be messy and rundown. Amber, a student enrolled in the OJT program said “This year was the best year by far.” As food was brought in, smiles lit up across the room. The enthusiasm was amazing, and the smiles were heartwarming. The students indulged in Chicken Parmesan, Pasta, and had amazing desserts including cupcakes, brownies, and a freshly baked cake. Students also had the leisure of picking their drink such as lemonade and water.

Awards were given to every member that has performed exceptionally well this past school year. Members were given S.W.A.G. Bags (Stuff We All Get), which included decorated water bottles, pens, pencils, and loads of candy. The Off Campus Training they learn will help with skills needed to help be extraordinary in their career of choice. Students also participated in a raffle where a random number was drawn and the winner was given a secret prize.

There are amazing things to come within the next year. Students and staff will help run a Farm Fresh Vegetable business. These vegetables will be distributed throughout school lunch and all proceeds will go towards the OJT Program. Students are very excited for what is to come and love the hands on experience they receive. This hands on experience will look good on resumes and will help the members of the OJT Program get jobs in the future.